Friday, May 6, 2011

Six weeks to go!

So much has happened since my last post. The baby shower was last Saturday and it was a huge success. There are no words to express how grateful I am to all of the ladies who worked so hard to make it happen. And how do you ever say thank you enough to all of the people who came out to support our family? There were approximately 175 people in attendance. We raised $11,000. There were two 8ft. tables overflowing with donations. The crazy thing is, there are still donations coming in as we speak. There were many beautiful cakes donated for the cake-off. And my favorite part was the awesome time of prayer that we all had together. I was overwhelmed with emotion knowing that so many people were praying for our baby Elizabeth and for the future of the two pregnancy centers.

Elizabeth continues to do well and look great in all of her ultrasound pictures. She is not camera shy at all. We always get the most beautiful pictures of her sweet face that appears to be getting chubbier every week. I have been feeling so great throughout this pregnancy up until the last few weeks. I have developed polyhydramnios. This is because the baby isn't swallowing enough fluid and it's causing me to have an overabundance. It wasn't too bad at first, but the last week was miserable. I had started sleeping in the recliner because it hurt so bad to lay in the bed. The weight of my uterus was making it hard for me to breathe and felt like it was crushing my kidneys at night.

I saw Dr.P on Tuesday for a regular check-up and my fluid levels had spiked to 40, up from 27 just two weeks prior. (18-20 is normal) So, he decided to have me back in on Wednesday for an amnio-reduction. He told me that this wouldn't be very painful and there wouldn't be any major side effects and that I would feel a ton better once we got rid of some of the fluid. Well, the first time he poked me, it wasn't bad at all but after a few minutes he decided we needed a bigger needle or we would be there all day. So, when he stuck me the second time I almost came off the bed. I immediately started to feel like I was going to faint or throw up. They sit me up a bit and put some cold rags on my head and chest. That helped a lot. The baby didn't like this foreign object that was draining her swimming pool. She wouldn't quit wiggling and kicking which made the procedure that much more uncomfortable. After draining 3 liters, Elizabeth decided enough was enough. She kept sticking her arm up over the catheter to block the flow. Dr.P really wanted to drain at least 4 liters. He offered to stick me a third time in a different spot. No THANK YOU!!

I felt absolutely terrible the whole day after I got home. I had non-stop contractions and thought for sure we would be having the baby Wednesday night. Luckily they stopped overnight and I got a GREAT nights sleep. First night in a long while. Dr.P says we will probably have to do a reduction a few more times before she comes. Friends, I need your prayers on this one. Please pray that the fluid levels will stay normal as I do NOT want to have to repeat that procedure ever again!!

So, that's the update on us for now. Thank you to everyone who has been bringing meals and sending cards and encouraging e-mails. They mean so much to us. I am a big believer in thank-you notes. I would love to send one to everyone who has blessed us recently but I wouldn't even know where to start. Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day.

4 comments:

  1. Praying!! Love you! TY for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabitha, Know that I'm praying for you and your family. I'm glad that you are keeping us posted. I have been working a lot...I still want to give a donation of some sort soon. I'm glad you both are doing okay. Roxanne

    ReplyDelete