Sunday, April 17, 2011

A great day to worship!

Wow! What a day. Our church, Highview Baptist interviewed our family earlier in the week about our situation with Elizabeth. They showed the video this morning at all seven campuses.

First of all, our new friend John did a GREAT job on the video. Trust me, it wasn't easy for him. Our house is very chaotic with so many little boys running around, and well, anyone with toddlers knows how excited they get when you have company. Especially a man with a video camera. I hope to post the video here when I get a hold of a copy later.

Anyway, after the video was shown, the church prayed for our family and for baby Elizabeth. I can't tell you how good it feels to know that so many people will be praying for us over the next few months. I know we need all we can get. There are so many sweet, caring people at Highview. I even met a lady after the service who lost a granddaughter in June of last year to anencephaly. They got to spend a blessed 2 hours with her.

For those of you who haven't heard yet, our church is hosting a baby shower in honor of baby Elizabeth. It will be Saturday, April 30th from 2-4pm. This is a community wide event. So, please come and bring a friend! You can bring typical baby shower items such as diapers, wipes, formula, clothes size newborn-4t, and any other baby needs. All of these items will be donated to " A Woman's Choice Resource Center". And, if you don't feel like shopping, we will gladly accept monetary donations that will be given to " A New Hope Pregnancy Center" that will be opening it's doors soon here in Bullitt County. This will be a fun time of celebration and prayer. We are SOOOOO excited about this event. I can't wait to see how God uses this to bless other babies.

Thank you to everyone who left such sweet messages after the first blog post. It was very refreshing and encouraging. Please remember me in your prayers as I head into the OB tomorrow for a check-up. My fluid levels are high and are making me very uncomfortable right now. Please pray that the fluid will begin to lessen on it's own without intervention. Headed out now to enjoy this beautiful sunshine as I see that the forecast looks pretty glum for the rest of the week.

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Tabitha,
    I got your blog from a friend who has followed our story on Caringbridge. Would love to get in contact with you. Our stories our so very similar..I have sat here and cried and felt your pain as it was my own. My email address is ryangreen@newwavecomm.net...I don't know of anything I can say that will help ease your pain and stress but would gladly share our story if you would like to hear it. Our Paul was such a treasure and blessing from God. Look forward to hearing from you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete